Clarification of percentage calculations
Technical Clarification Number
The below credit criteria from the PEB v1, MURT v1 & Retail v1 Technical Manuals can be used for Office v1 and Office v1.1 projects:
One point is awarded where:
• For a predominantly structural steel building:
– The average post-consumer recycled content of the structural steel is at least 24% (by mass);
– At least 60% (by mass) of the structural steel, is reused.
• For a predominantly reinforced concrete or structural masonry building;
– The average post-consumer recycled content of the steel reinforcing is at least 54%
An additional two points are awarded where:
• The point above is achieved;
• The total of all applicable steel uses in the development (total of structural steel, steel
reinforcing and applicable steel products) consists of;
– At least 54% (by mass) post-consumer recycled content;
– At least 90% (by mass) reused steel.